The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is a well-known public land-grant university. UCLA started its journey in 1919, and its parent institution is the University of California. The University of California, Los Angeles, offers more than 337 degree programs to 47,000+ students pursuing various programs at UCLA, and to help such a large number of students, the University of California has more than 30,000 administrative and academic staff. In 2022, the University of California received the highest number of enrollments for admission, as almost 174,914 students applied for undergraduate degree programs at UCLA, the highest number of applications for any university in the United States.
The University of California, Los Angeles, is a prestigious university as it is highly ranked. According to various websites and magazines. UCLA has twelve libraries where students can get more than nine million books and journals. The fee structure of the University of California, Los Angeles, is flexible, and students can also get scholarships and grants, which may reduce their costs at UCLA if they are eligible for them. The acceptance rate of California University Los Angeles is low, as its acceptance rate is only 11%. Students who will fulfill all the eligibility criteria of admission with good academic track records, GPA, SAT, ACT, application essay test scores, and more such factors can increase their chances of acceptance at the University of California, Los Angeles.
The acceptance rate of UCLA varies every academic year as the number of applications for admission to the University of California, Los Angeles is increasing every academic year. It provides quality education, efficient campus life, a high success rate for graduates, an education-friendly environment, athletic facilities, attractive campuses, museums, art galleries, tech fests, cultural events, institute festivals, and more such facts that attract students from around the world to the University of California, Los Angeles.
Admission Requirements of the University of California Los Angeles:
If you are seeking admission to California University Los Angeles, you must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Your average GPA score should be between 3.90 and 4.31.
- If you took both the SAT and the ACT, your average SAT score should be between 1290 and 1510, and your average ACT score should be between 29 and 34.
- Your statement or essay-writing skills should be excellent.
- You must have excellent academic records and high grades in high school.
- UCLA considers academic and non-academic factors such as talent, ability, personal qualities, volunteer work, extracurricular activities, and work experience that could increase your chance of acceptance at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Fees and Costs of the University of California, Los Angeles:
When you get admission to an institute, you have a question about the tuition; once you know all of the expenses of that university, you can plan your budget accordingly.
In-state resident students pay an average gross cost of $28,076 at the University of California, Los Angeles, which includes $5,742 in tuition and $1,039 in other fees. You must pay the book and supply charges of $1,046. UCLA charges in-state resident students room and board costs of $14,932, and students can keep an average of $4,317 for their expenses at UCLA.
If you are an out-of-state student at the University of California, Los Angeles, you must pay an average gross sum of $40,956 inclusive of the tuition fee of $17,622, which is almost three times more than in-state residents’ tuition. The other stipend for non-resident students at UCLA is $1,046; for their expenses, students can keep an average of $4,317. Out-of-state resident students must pay book and supply charges of $1,064, while room and board pricing is $16,932 for non-resident students at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Students can also apply for various scholarships, and if they are eligible and receive the scholarship, their tuition at UCLA may be reduced.
If you are eligible for FASFA grants, then you can apply for them, and they can also help you with fee relaxation at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Steps to filling out the admission application form for the University of California, Los Angeles:
Students should follow these steps to fill out the UCLA admission application form.
- You can begin your application process by visiting the official website of the University of California.
- Open the Admissions tab and then choose a freshman, or a transfer application by clicking on your application type.
- Create your account using your email, name, and phone number, then create your login password.
- Log in to your account and fill in all mandatory details such as your social security number, citizenship status, state of residence, addresses, academic credentials, and other personal descriptions.
- Choose your program according to your eligibility, and if you are confused about the eligibility required for any program at UCLA, read the eligibility guidelines carefully.
- Upload your transcripts, academic records, and other required documents for the application form.
- Check and validate the details you filled in, and then pay your application fee of $70 for national students and $80 for international students and some programs.
Ranking of the University of California, Los Angeles:
The University of California-Los Angeles is well-known among students for being a top-ranked institute by numerous websites and magazines for many years.
According to the ARWU, UCLA is the 11th-best national university. Forbes has given it the 6th rank, while Washington Monthly has put it in the 21st position among the national university rankings. According to the ranking report of US News and World Report, UCLA has 20 grades, and the TEA or WSJ has given UCLA 20 successions in its survey report of national universities.
If you consider the global ranking of UCLA, then according to QS it is in 44th place, and ARWU has put it in 14th place for best global university. According to THE survey results, the University of California is ranked 20th. According to US News and World Report, it is ranked 14th among global universities.
Some programs at the University of California are highly ranked and famous among students due to their high success rates. Students can visit the official website of UCLA to learn about the top programs at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Some of the best programs at the University of California include:
Students want to get into the best programs running at the University of California because it can help them get good positions in their upcoming professions. You can pursue more than 300 degree and certificate programs at UCLA, and here is a list of some highly ranked programs at the University of California.
Library and information science
Social Science and Public Health
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Cardiac and Cardiovascular
Plant and animal
Besides these, you can pursue more similar courses from UCLA that are job-oriented, easy to understand, highly ranked, and have other analogous features that you will get if you chase any program from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Some Crucial Facts about the Library, Student Facilities, and Other Advantages of UCLA:
- The University of California, Los Angeles, has twelve divisions where various departments of UCLA are located. UCLA offers very high research activities, and it is among the top R1 doctoral universities.
- The library system of UCLA is famous among the students as it has twelve library systems where they can get over nine million books and 70,000 serial publications, newspapers, journals, study materials, antique books, and non-academic books in the libraries and research centers of UCLA. The library of UCLA is well-known as the 12th largest library in the USA.
- UCLA has over 1,000 student organizations that serve as a link between students and the administration to solve student problems. You can enjoy comedy nights, cultural events, tech fests, and singing and dancing competitions. High athletic activities, quality meal options, on-campus housing, diversity, a friendly environment, sports events, and more such facilities are available to you as a student at UCLA.
- You will get access to Greek life facilities, which will improve your socialism and make you a well-rounded and responsible human being. UCLA has a media center that helps you share your achievements, issues, inventions, and other relevant things that can increase your confidence. You can get primary health care on the UCLA campus, as it has hospitals on some campuses. Students get the hospitality feature, student organizations, Chabad House, student government, and more such benefits at the University of California, Los Angeles, to enjoy and flourish in their student lives.
Some Great Personalities of the University of California, Los Angeles:
The University of California, has delivered some great personalities who are serving brilliantly in their field and inspiring millions of us to achieve the goals of our lives. Here is a list of some UCLA alumni who could be an ideal match for you.
Not only that, but UCLA has produced more great personalities who spread the name of the University of California, around the world and inspire students to attend UCLA and achieve their goals at such a great university.
The University of California, is a top, leading, and prestigious university in the world, as it has been highly ranked for many years by different websites and magazines. The acceptance rate of UCLA is low, as the average acceptance rate of the University of California is from 10% to 20%. The number of applications for admission to UCLA is increasing every year and setting new records for enrollment at UCLA in the entire USA. The University of California considers academic and non-academic factors to determine student acceptance. Before you can be admitted to UCLA, you must meet the maximum eligibility requirements and maintain good grades.
Does the University of California, keep students under curfew in their dorms?
Every student is entirely independent in the dorms at UCLA, and there is no curfew for students in the dorms. However, students should avoid undisciplined behavior and obey the regulations of their dorms.
Can students consume alcohol or smoke at the University of California?
UCLA prohibits the use of tobacco products, smoking, and the consumption of alcoholic beverages in all areas on UCLA property. UCLA has completely banned smoking, tobacco, and alcohol on its campus.