Providence College is an autonomous institution established in the year 1917. It was located in the famous city of Providence, Rhode Island, United States. The college is settled in a city on 105 acres of land. The college comprises four schools: the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Professional Studies, and School of Continuing Education. In this article we shall see What is Providence College is known for?
Providence College is well known for its strong liberal arts curriculum and fun and flourishing social environment. They take students to explore through art, literature, philosophy, and theology.
Uniqueness Of Providence College
They say that they mold undergrads into well-rounded and deep thinkers. They make their students think beyond themselves and apply it to real-life situations. The institution brings up its students to the creative world. They also teach about great human relationships, values, and mobility.
All the undergraduate students must attain 16 credits in the advancement of Western Civilization. This procedure is an essential aspect of this college’s primary syllabus. The total strength of around 4,816 students, of which 4,128 are doing undergraduate programs and the remaining 688 are doing major graduate programs. It has a solid athletic team nicknamed Friars, and the college building has an expansion into a sports medicine center and a student-athlete aid area.
Major Undergraduate Programs At Providence College
Some of the essential undergraduate programs available at Providence College are as follows:
The finance classes of the school of business at Providence College encircle traditional portions of finance-corporate, finance investments, risk management, and financial markets, and institutions with intensity on quantitative estimation.
They enable their students to grasp complicated financial challenges by aiding high experts and moral laws, a comprehensive viewpoint, and complicated technical equipment and data. They also teach their students beyond the four corner classrooms and textbooks. This system helps the students to earn an active benefit from employers.
The teachers of marketing enable their students to think wisely about the consequences of marketing in a multinational civilization. They provide various perspectives to students other than academic concepts, and analytical mastery.
The management students will learn to combine their skills with their critical thinking and different viewpoints. The teachers mold great leadership potential in their students to improve self-awareness, comprehending others, the skill to learn from mistakes and occurrences, and an impulse for action.
The teachings of biology make students familiar with the pattern, purpose, and development of life. They formulate lectures, accepted laboratories, and experiential education to exemplify on the cellular, organismic, and community levels.
This program is specially designed to empower various chances to apply students’ knowledge through self-sufficient and combined exploration. They make students aware of the adequate interpretation in terms of biological, developmental, sociocultural, and personal facets of manners to curtail human pain and miseries with the practical research technique. This also teaches the way to improve human ailments.
This program will encircle all the essential topics for the CPA exam, enable students to think beyond themselves and improve their educational experience.
Achievements Of Providence College
Providence College has accomplished its popularity in many ways. Some of them are as follows:
- They had always succeeded among the top five universities. According to the US news and world reports, they have been known as the ” America’s Best College”.
- Providence College has been chosen as a nominee for the legislator Paul Simon Spotlight Award.
- They have been elected instantly to the associate for the “National and Community service president’s higher calculation community service honor roll.”
- Providence College had become the first higher education foundation to contribute a bachelor’s degree in public and social service studies in the country.
- They had a membership in the NCAA, the BIG EAST Committee, and the HOCKEY EAST Association. Accordingly, they competed in 8 different kinds of men’s sports and 11 women’s sports at the first division level.
Rankings Of Providence College
Providence College had shown its efficiency in teaching, housing, discipline, and other activities. Thus, they acquired some of the top rankings among educational institutions all over the world. They are as follows:
- They are ranked No. 1 in the Regional Universities North.
- They were then in the first position as the Best Undergraduate Teaching.
- The college has the 12th position among the Best Value Schools.
- 3rd rank in the Most Innovative Schools
- They also have 156th rank in the Top Most performers on Social Mobility.
Providence College is a widely populated elegant college in Rhode Island, US. It showed their uniqueness in teaching, and generate students’ minds to the next level. It not only focused on textbook learning but also practical learning. They also showed their power in sports and other extracurricular activities. It will be an excellent opportunity for an individual to study at Providence College.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the GMAT score needed for the Business Analytical admission process at Providence College?
Yes. You have to submit your GMAT score for the Business Analytical admission process.
2. Does Providence College offer any scholarships or financial aid?
Yes. Providence College offers a diverse scholarship for its students including academic achievements.