Pepperdine University is a private research university located near Malibu, California, United States. It is a Churches of Christ-affiliated university. Whereas, Santa Clara University is a private Jesuit university located in Santa Clara, California, United States. In this article we shall see which is better Pepperdine University or Santa Clara University
The enrollment in Pepperdine University
- is more than 10400 students with which undergraduates are more than 3700 and postgraduates are more than 6700.
- The college set its benchmark for the GPA at 3.7 and is highly selective with the acceptance rate being 35%. The benchmark for SAT is 1460 and ACT is at 33.
- Its undergraduate yearly fees are $80,220 with its Flat-rate tuition being $59,450 and Room & Board including meal plan being $16,700.
The enrollment in Santa Clara University
- is more than 9000 students with which undergraduates are more than 5400 and postgraduates are more than 3200.
- The college set its benchmark for the GPA at 3.7 and is highly selective with the acceptance rate being 48%. The benchmark for SAT is 1360 and ACT is at 32.
- Its undergraduate yearly fees are $78,849 with its tuition being $56,880 and Room & Board including meal plan being $17,112.
Both the universities provide scholarships and financial aid for their students as well.
Let us know more about both the universities:-
George Pepperdine founded the university in 1937 in South Los Angeles which later moved in 1972 to Malibu. The college motto is the freedom you receive, the freedom you give.
What courses does the university offer?
The university has five different schools which are in education, psychology, business, law, public policy, arts, and sciences.
The undergraduate courses it offers are
- Business administration
- Computer science
- Conflict management
- Creative writing
- Film studies
- International studies
And many more such subjects to choose from.
The university offers more than 40 undergraduate courses, more than 60 graduate courses, eight executive education, six doctorial programs, and a professional program.
The college team is a member of the NCAA Division 1. The college teams play in the West Coast Conference for most of its sports, whereas the volleyball men’s team plays in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and the water polo in the men’s team plays in the Golden Coast Conference.
Its official colors are blue and orange. The team nickname is waves. The university offers seventeen different sports.
- Men’s sports are cross country, golf, tennis, track, volleyball, baseball, basketball, and water polo.
- Women’s sports are basketball, cross country, swimming and diving, tennis, track, indoor volleyball, golf, soccer, and beach volleyball.
The university won championships in the sports
- Baseball in 1992
- Men’s golf in 1997 and 2021
- Men’s tennis in 2006
- Men’s volleyball in 1978, 1985, 1986, 1992, and 2005
- Water polo in 1997
The university has a sports club as well for the students. It has a pretty good list of sports alumni which include Sarah Attar, Dan Haren, Sean Rooney, and many others and many more to come.
How is the student life at Pepperdine University?
- The college being a religious one provides the catholic students with spiritual life where they have clubs, bible lectures, church relations, and much more for catholic students to practice their religion and have faith and learn.
- They believe that personal connections and development are as important as educational development thus encouraging the students to take part in various clubs, organizations, events, and campus recreation.
- In campus recreation, you have fitness and wellness where you can indulge in activities like yoga, cycling, pilates, and more.
- Outdoor recreation indulges students in outdoor activities like rock climbing, hiking, backpacking, and more. They also have intramurals and club sports.
- The college student assessment also helps disabled students along with regular ones in providing them with the best necessity and help required in understanding the college. It aims to promote equality among all.
- The college provides housing and residence services for the students to connect with people while being safe, caring, and respectful.
- The library is a vast and resourceful place with most of the books turning into e-books and much more.
- Students can avail of school supplies, textbooks, course material, and more from the Pepperdine bookstore available online.
- The university also has a student code of conduct and provides student employment.
Santa Clara University
Its campus is surrounding the historic Mission Santa Clara de Asís. it is a Roman Catholic university that was established in 1851, Santa Clara University is the oldest institution of higher learning in California. Their motto is For the Greater Glory of God.
What courses does the university offer?
The university has five different schools in the subjects of Art, Science, Business, Education, Counseling, Psychology, Engineering, Theology, and Law.
The courses offered in undergraduate studies are:-
- Ancient Studies
- Art History
- Child Studies
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Greek Language and Literature
- Individual Studies
- Latin and Greek
- Military Science
- Modern Languages and Literature
- Management & Entrepreneurship
And many more such subjects. The university offers more than 50 courses in graduate, major, minor, and special programs. It has study abroad and experiential learning programs as well.
The university sports team is a member of the West Coast Conference. It participates in the NCAA Division 1and in the West Water Polo Association for both men’s and women’s water polo. The university has 19 varsity sports and 18 club sports. Its official colors are red and white with its nickname being Broncos.
- Men’s sports are Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country orTrack & Field, Golf, Rowing, Soccer, Tennis, and Water Polo.
- Women’s sports are Softball, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Basketball, Cross Country orTrack & Field, Golf, Rowing, Soccer, Tennis, and Water Polo.
The university has won many championships, especially in the sports of soccer, basketball, and baseball. The sports alumni of the university also participate in the Olympics.
It also has sports clubs for the students to participate in sports such as boxing, cycling, equestrian, paintball, lacrosse, swimming, and many more.
How is the student life at Santa Clara University?
- The university welcomes and celebrates the religious diversity of its students as it helps in understanding and connecting the students.
- Every religion is welcome to practice their religious traditions and there is always something for you at the university.
- The university has more than 250 clubs and student organizations for the students to take part in. There is always one that finds your interest and passion. You can also explore your skills and talent over there.
- It has into the wild and fitness classes for its recreation programs.
- The student organization runs with the help of various sections live accounting, finance, entrepreneurs, and engineers.
- They help in organizing various programs and events in the university. These help in enhancing the connection between the students and bring out their best skills and leadership.
- The university provides housing and on-campus living for all its students accommodating them in their residence halls. Its dining services are much appreciated by the students as it believes in food is the key to a sustainable future.
- It also has cafes on the campus and its menus and meal plans are available on its website for the students to access.
One is a Catholic university and one is a Jesuit university so you can choose based on your preference with this in mind. Both of them are good colleges and stand up to their names. They have a diverse range of courses to offer for the young generation. So you can go for them if they are on your list. But you need to keep an eye on your GPA as both of them are highly selective colleges. They both are a great choice for creating a good career path.