Boston College and Dartmouth College are both highly famous throughout the USA. Boston College is a private university, while Dartmouth College is one of the largest Ivy League colleges. Boston College is in Massachusetts and Dartmouth College is in New Hampshire. Let us know Boston College or Dartmouth College?
Boston College and Dartmouth College are both great in their ways, while there isn’t a clear-cut answer for which university is better, it all depends on the student’s preferences, budget, and academic + career plans.
Boston College offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses.
Undergraduate Courses are as follows
- BS in Nursing
- BA in Theology
- BA in Theatre
- BA in Philosophy
- BA in Business Analytics
- BS in Accounting for Finance and Consulting
- BS in Accounting and Information Systems
- BS in Secondary Education
- BS in Operations Management
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Chemistry
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in General Management
- BS in Management and Leadership
- BS in Finance
Graduate Courses are as follows
- MS in Finance
- MS in Sports Administration
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Nursing
- MS in Applied Economics
- MA in Learning Engineering
- MA in Applied Developmental and Educational Psychology
- MA in Psychology
- MA in French
- MA in Hispanic Studies
- MA in History
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Theology and Education
- Ph.D. in Sociology
- Ph.D. in English.
- The tuition fee for undergraduate college is $31,475 per semester.
- The tuition fee for graduate college is $29,515 per semester.
- The tuition fee for law college is $31,565 per semester.
- Housing options :
- Boston College offers students on and off-campus residence.
- Students who wish to live on campus can reside in the residence halls.
- Students who wish to live off-campus can live in apartment buildings near the campus.
- Average cost of housing at Boston College is $9,300.
Dining at Boston College
- Mandatory meal plan costs $2,825 per semester.
- This meal plan has two-plus meals in a day and an occasional snack.
- Along with this, students are required to pay an additional $175.
- This makes the meal plan cost a total of $3,000 per semester.
- Financial Aid at Boston College :
Financial aid is provided to students in need through
- Institutional Grants and Scholarships
- Federal & State Grants which include :
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal TEACH Grant
- MASS Grant
- Gilbert Grant
- Requirements to get into Boston College :
- The student should have an average SAT score between 1330-1500.
- The student should have a minimum score of 31 on the ACT. An average score accepted is between 31-34
- The minimum GPA a student should have is 3.96.
Boston College is a great place to be with a lively campus.
Like Boston, Dartmouth also offers a wide range of courses to choose from.
- Art History
- Ethics Institute
- Environmental Studies
- Film & Media Studies
- Physics & Astronomy
- Cognitive Literature
- Computer Science
- Social Science
- Quantitative Biomedical Sciences
- Masters of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Cancer Biology
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Molecular & Systems Biology
- Engineering Sciences
- Office Courses
- Comparative Literature
- Program in Experimental & Molecular Medicine
- Psychological & Brain Sciences
- Computer Science
- Digital Musics
- Earth Sciences
- Ecology, Evolution, Environment & Society
- Tuition Fee at Dartmouth :
- The yearly tuition fee for undergraduate courses is $60,117.
- The tuition fee for graduate courses is $26,921 per term.
- Housing options at Dartmouth :
- Cost of Undergraduate housing :
- The cost of residence halls is $3,523 per semester.
- The cost of senior apartments is $3,523 per semester.
- The cost of college-owned Greek houses is $3,523 per semester.
- The cost of privately-owned Greek houses is $2,995 per semester.
- Cost of Graduate housing :
- The cost for 1 bedroom and 1 bath is $1516 per semester.
- The cost for 2 bedrooms and 2 baths is $1294 per semester.
- The cost of 3 bedrooms and 2 baths is $1092 per semester.
- The cost for 4 bedrooms and 2 baths is $1087 per semester.
- Dining Options at Dartmouth :
- Various meal plans include dining on-campus, and students can eat at restaurants nearby if they choose to not eat on-campus.
- The meal plans are as follows :
- The Ivy Unlimited Plan for $2264 per semester.
- 115 Block Choice Plan for $2,005 per semester.
- 80 Block Choice Plan for $1,990 per semester.
- On-Campus Apartment Plan for $1,620 per semester.
- Off-Campus Apartment Plan for $1,035 per semester.
- Financial Aid at Dartmouth College :
- Financial Aid is available for students in need, and financial aid is given through :
- Financial Loans
- Exchange programs
- Requirements to get into Dartmouth :
- The student requires a minimum of 75th percentile to get in.
- The GPA should be 4.11, or higher, and if GPA is less than this, then the student requires a higher score on SAT and ACT.
- The minimum score on SAT should be that of 1550.
- The minimum score on ACT should be that of 35.
- Students should have taken English classes for at least 4 years.
- Students should have taken Math classes for at least 3 years.
Dartmouth is one of the best colleges found in the USA, with a top-tier quality of education.
Boston College and Dartmouth College both have their areas of perfection and are great in all aspects. When choosing which university to apply to, the decision should solely be based on the student’s plans and what they wish to pursue along with the environment they are more drawn to.
Is Boston College more expensive or Dartmouth College?
- Boston College is more expensive compared to Dartmouth, the tuition fee is higher by 2.2%.
What is the acceptance rate of Boston College?
- The acceptance rate for Boston College is 26.4%
What is the acceptance rate of Dartmouth College?
- The acceptance rate for Dartmouth College is 9%.
Additional information can be found on the respective websites of each university :
Boston College – https://www.bc.edu/
Dartmouth College – https://home.dartmouth.edu/