To know how do you audition for UCLA….Read on this article…!
The full form of UCLA is the University of California, which is located in Los Angeles, California. It is a Public-grant Research University. This university was established in 1882, comprising 12 professional schools and a college of science and letters. UCLA is continuously ranked among world’s best universities.
The acceptance rate of UCLA is 14% which makes the application or audition procedure not only complex and difficult but also extremely competitive. University looks for the best scores in various competitive examinations like TOEFL (score above 100), ILETS (7 or above), and DET (120 or higher) based on which you are assigned a college at UC (University of California).
University of California Rankings:
- UCLA is ranked as the number 1 public university in the United States by US News.
- Ranked 5th among the top 100 universities in the USA by Top Universities.com.
- Ranked 1st in best college food in America’22.
- Ranked 15th in 2021 by Times Higher Education in World University Ranking.
- Ranked 3rd as Top Universities in California.
Admission Requirements for Degree at UCLA:
For Undergraduate program: (For Freshman)
Firstly, the university asks for the student’s academic graph along with University’s application receipt and the student’s experience during the review process.
UCLA does not consider SAT or ACT scores for admission or audition. Details regarding the University of California testing policy are provided at the https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/freshman-requirements/exam-requirement/
NOTE: To begin with the admission process visit University of California online application site.
While reviewing the student’s application or audition UCLA university considers a holistic review process which includes the following key points:
- Qualities possessed by a student.
- Students’ achievements in various fields like arts, sports, community service, etc., academic programs, and school.
- Contribution to the analytical and cultural vitality of the college.
- To stand out among all the applied applicants at UCLA, the student is needed to present a strong academic profile.
- In the field of Academics, a student must have 15 A-G courses with the completion of 11 courses before the beginning of the last year of high school.
- A-G Requirements: (University asks for study experience in the following fields)
|Subject Field||Years of Experience|
|History/Social Science||2 years|
|Preparatory English||4 years of college|
|Laboratory Science||2 years (3 years|
|Language other than||2 years (3 years|
|Visual and performing||1 year|
For the Graduate Program:
- The student should have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a scale of 4.0) for undergraduate program.
- Your current portfolio or resume is required.
Tips to Become UCLA Ready:
The motto of UCLA: Education, Research, and Service.
- The student is needed to sharpen their reading skills for increasing their knowledge as well as they are needed to improve their writing skills.
- Developing qualities like Leadership skills, Critical thinking. Analytical thinking, etc.
- Explore extracurriculars and other new things in the meantime keep focusing on your passion.
Programs Offered by UCLA:
The University of California offers various Graduate and Undergraduate degrees in which there are mainly 337 Undergraduate programs offering a wide range of disciplines.
Some Common Programs Offered:
- Political Science and Government
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics
- Biology/Biological Science
Fee Structure of UCLA:
For Undergraduate Students: (Estimated cost)
|Tuition and fees||$13,225||$13,225|
|Room and Board||$15,816||$15,816|
|Books and Supplies||$1,509||$1,509|
For Graduate Students:
California Resident- $17,756
- If the student withdraws their application before the first day of instruction given then they are eligible for the refund.
- New students are also eligible for a 100% refund except for the cancellation fees and non-refundable acceptance of the admission fees.
Notable Alumni of UCLA:
UCLA has given us a number of alumni in almost every field of education. Listed below are a few common personalities.
- Kareen Abdul-Jabbar
- James Dean
- Mark Harmon
- Jackie Robinson
- Jack Black
- Francis Ford Coppola
- Coral Burnett
- Will Forte
UCLA wants to provide an academically strong future to its students by making them ready to face endeavors and fully realize their intellectual potential. UCLA also allows its students to live an intercultural life by making them meet students from all over the world. The University of California ensures the holistic development of its students by bringing together students from all over the world with the most prestigious educational program.
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQs)
- Does the non-resident need to submit their SAT/ACT score?
No, the University of California does not consider the score of SAT/ACT neither for the California resident nor for the Non-resident.
- What are the most famous and well-known sports played at UCLA?
UCLA is known for its Basketball. The university has gained 11 NCAA championships. From 1971 to 1974, UCLA won 8 consecutive men’s basketball games.
- What are the scholarships offered by UCLA? UCLA mainly offers 3 scholarships:
- UCLA Achievement scholarship
- UCLA Regents scholarship program
- Chancellor’s Blue and Gold scholarship program
- Address- Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States.
- Phone Number- +1 310-825-4321 or 310-825-1681
- Email address- email@example.com
- Official website- https://www.ucla.edu/