To know what are the admission requirements for University of saint leo …read on this article..
Saint Leo University is one of the oldest Catholic universities in all of central Florida. Though the University does not grant or deny admission due to faith disparities, there are specific requirements for admission. With over thirteen thousand students in and less than 75% of applications being accepted, knowing the proper requirements for admission is necessary.
Admission Requirements for Saint Leo University
The admission requirements for Saint Leo University are easy to follow. The requirements for undergraduate, graduate and international and domestic students differ but only slightly. They all need a form of application, an official transcript, English language proficiency proof, a photocopy of a section of your current passport (International Students only) and Financial aid and payment options or proof of financial ability to pay.
We will dive into more details on the different requirements for admission below for their respective sections.
List of Undergraduate Admissions Requirements Domestic Students
- Application: The application is online and can be done by going on to the Saint Leo University website.
- Official High School transcript: An official Transcript from a high school containing the necessary years of English, Maths, Science, History, Social Science, Foreign Language and Electives. The most current version of the Transcript is to be made available by the school.
- Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation directly from the guidance counsellor of your high school is to be sent to the office of admissions. This is an optional step.
- Standardized Test Score/Test-Optional Policy: SAT scores may be submitted if you believe the scores are a good show of your capabilities. If not, you may choose not to submit anything. You will be assessed by your high school achievements, both academic and non-academic ones.
- Financial aid and payment options: A clear description of how payment for the experience is to be made.
List of Admission Requirements for Transfer Students.
- Official College Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial aid and payment options.
List of Undergraduate Admissions Requirements International Students.
- Application: This application is online. Visit the school’s website to access the link and fill out the corresponding form with the appropriate details.
- Official Transcript: Transcripts, certificates, and all other related documents from all institutions attended post-secondary should be included. The necessary details like course description, credit values and others should be included. This does not apply if you are a graduate of Saint Leo University and your documents are already with the school. If no form of higher education has been attended, this does not apply to you.
- Proof of English language proficiency: Proving the ability to speak the English language is mandatory for international students. See below for a detailed list of the different tests and the minimum scores necessary.
- A photocopy of your passport.
- Proof of financial Ability to pay: Proof of the ability to pay for direct and indirect costs that will be requisite by the student for attendance needs to be available. Direct costs include things like tuition, and indirect costs are everything else, including boarding and others. There is a certificate of finance form, and it can be downloaded from Saint Leo University’s website. This form has to be completed and turned in. This document would need to show the ability to pay for tuition for the first year at a minimum, with boarding and living expenditures included. Supporting documents like bank statements, government scholarships, and others are examples of documents that can be used.
List of Graduate Admissions Requirements for International Students
- The requirements for graduate students are very similar to that of the undergraduates, with the exemption of one added step.
- Application: This application is online. Visit the school’s website to access the link and fill out the corresponding form with the relevant details.
- Official Transcript: Transcripts, certificates, and all other related documents from any higher form of education that has been attended should be included. The necessary details like course description, credit values and others are to be included. This does not apply if you are a graduate of Saint Leo University and your documents are already on the system.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Supplementary Documentation. Two professional recommendations need to be submitted. Submit a statement of professional goals, showing why your education and career goals are a good fit for Saint Leo’s University.
- A photocopy of your passport with just the section with the biographic data.
Table Of English Proficiency Test and Minimum Score Requirements.
(Not needed by domestic students)
|Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL)
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
|Pearson Test of English Academics (PTE A)
|Full completion till Level 109
|NAFSA-recognized ESL program
|Duolingo English Test
GPA Requirement at Saint Leo University.
For undergraduates, there are no strict GPA requirements. You just need to show an above-average result in the major academic areas. If your high school performance in your first year was below average, you need to establish that you were improving it steadily during the later years of your high school. This is a result of the optional testing policy, which is of the view that true excellence can not be tested. For graduate students, the requirement is a 3.0/4.0 GPA from an accredited college or University.
Applications are meant to be submitted 60 days before the resumption of the term the application is for. The admission requirements for different courses may differ slightly. For a master’s program in Accounting, a minimum of 79 iBT in TOEFL is necessary. Other programs may have some other specific requirements, but the above is the general essentials for most programs.
Frequently asked questions.
- What are my chances of getting into Saint Leo University? Is it difficult?
Answer: Following the processes in the application, getting into Saint Leo University is not hard.
- Is it essential to be catholic before getting admission into Saint Leo University?
Answer: No. The University does not regard your faith in granting admission.
- What is Saint Leo university’s acceptance rate?
The rate is 75%.