There is no doubt that every high school student dreams about getting into one of the Ivy League colleges. However, certain things need to be kept in mind while selecting a college of preference. For instance, one of the major factors that demand the attention of the students is the distance from home to college. While most students consider going to the college hostel, many others intend to rather spend on the travel expenses. Therefore, such students look for colleges that are situated near the area they live in or the ones that are not situated so far that the time spent commuting renders them exhausted. Thus, if you live in Georgia, it is only obvious that you might be searching for colleges that come under the university system in Georgia. So now, without further ado, let us move ahead and deal with your query at hand! Here e will see about How Many Colleges are there in the University System of Georgia?
The University System of Georgia: Some Well-renowned Colleges
As a whole, Georgia has 53 universities. Out of these 53, 17 are state universities and 36 are private universities, Below, we have mentioned some of the best universities in Georgia.
Georgia Institute of Technology
One of the best colleges in Georgia, the college has bagged excellent rankings in many fields. When it comes to the National Universities, the college scores a rank of 38, and a rank of 16 in the field of the Best Colleges for Veterans. Moreover, in the category of the Best Undergraduate Teaching, the college has bagged the rank of 58!
-The major popular courses offered by the college are Aerospace, Aeronautical, Bioengineering, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and many more!
-The acceptance rate of the college stands at a solid 21% and the college takes note of your SAT and ACT scores which should be in the range of 1370 to 1540 and 31 to 35, respectively.
Another popular university, Spelman College is known widely for being a private, women’s university. The rankings acquired by the college stand as justification for its popularity. In the category of the National Liberal Arts Colleges, the college scores a rank of 52. And in the fields of the Best Undergraduate Teaching and the Best Value Schools, the college has acquired the rank of 24 and 90, respectively.
– Some major courses offered by the college include English Language and Literature, Economics, Health and Wellness, Biological Sciences, and Computer and Information Sciences, among various others.
– The acceptance rate of the university stands at 53% and you have a high chance of getting selected if your SAT and ACT scores are in the range of 1100-1300 and 22-28 respectively.
A private, coed institution, Emory University is quite well-renowned for scoring good ranks. When it comes to the category of the National Universities, the university has bagged the rank of 21, and a 58 rank in the field of the Best Undergraduate Teaching. Moreover, when it comes to the sphere of the Best Colleges for Veterans, the university has secured a rank of 73.
– Some of the popular programs offered by the university include Biological Sciences, Business Administration and Management, Computer Science, Chemistry, Econometrics and Quantitative Economics, and the like.
– Besides this, the university’s selectivity rate is 19% which means that it accepts 19 in every 100 applications. Therefore, to get admission here, you will have to stand out from the crowd. In addition to this, the university requires you to send in your SAT and ACT scores, which should be in the range of 1380-1530 and 31 to 34!
Georgia College and State University
When it comes to the rankings acquired by the university, it stands at a solid rank of 11 in the category of the Best Undergraduate Teaching. Besides this, in the field of the Best Regional Universities in the South, the university has secured a rank of 21. Moreover, not just this- in the field of the Best Value Schools, the university has grabbed the rank of 56.
– As regards the major popular courses provided by the university, these include courses like Accounting, Community Health and Preventive Measures, Business Administration and Management, Exercise Science and Kinesiology, Biological Sciences, and many more!
– Other than this, the university’s acceptance rate stands at a high 86%, and to get selected, your SAT and ACT scores must be in the range of 1100-1250 and 23-27.
The rankings of this university are above-average. In the category of the National Universities, it stands at 162, and in the field of the Best Colleges for Veterans, the university stands at 139. Moreover, in the Best Undergraduate Teaching, the university has secured a good rank of 58.
– Some popular courses offered by the university are Engineering, Business Management, Foreign Languages, Literature, Linguistics, etc.
– The acceptance rate of the university stands at 78% high and the university considers SAT and ACT scores that should be in the range of 1180-1340 and 25-31.
Now that you are aware of how many universities are there in Georgia and which are the best ones, it would be easy to decide the best one that will fulfill all your needs and wants. Georgia has 53 universities, and you can choose any one of these; however, you must go for the one with a low acceptance rate and high rankings!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the acceptance rate of Georgia’s Emory University?
Its acceptance rate is 19%
- Do universities in Georgia require SAT and ACT scores?
Yes, most universities do.
- How many state universities are in Georgia?
There are 17 state universities in Georgia.