Are you desperately planning to get admission to Georgia Tech University? Are you willing to apply for a transfer to Georgia Tech? Are you not aware of the admission procedure and all the other requirements? If yes, then you are on the right place. Let us know ‘Georgia Technical University Transfer Acceptance Rate’.
Being one of the most talked about public universities in the United States of America, admission to Georgia Tech University is most selective. Therefore, before you start applying, get to know all about transfer admission, transfer acceptance rate, and other requirements.
Georgia Technical University Transfer Acceptance Rate
Established in the year 1885, Georgia Tech University is known to be one of the prestigious public universities, with approximately 16,000 undergraduate students. Georgia Tech is considered to be an integral part of the Georgia University system, having various satellite campuses in Georgia, Ireland, France, China, Savannah, Singapore, Ireland, Metz, and Athlone.
How does the transfer admission process work?
The most exciting time is always searching for a good college for admission. It’s great that you’re considering Georgia Tech. But, do you have any idea about the transfer admission process?
Georgia Technical University has a separate admission portal for transfer acceptance rate applications. Firstly, you need to create an account before starting the application process. The university uses a review process to choose students, hailing from different corner of the world. The University considers the following points before selecting a transfer applicant;
- Eligibility: As per university protocol, an eligible transfer applicant must be a graduate of high school. It is to be kept in mind that a student applying for the fall term must have a graduation degree before the fall application begins.
- Transfer Credit Hours: A student willing to apply to Georgia Tech must have accomplished a minimum of 30 semesters or 45 quarter credit hours. This refers to students who have acquired college credit through double enrollment or credit by exam.
- Course requirements: Get to know about the course requirements from the chart prepared by the university to identify the minimum eligibility for admission. Transfer applicants must accomplish the course requirements standard for their intended major, before the course requirement deadline.
- Official transcripts: Without proper official transcripts from previous colleges, you may not get admission to George Tech. applicants who are willing to join must submit proper documents, certified by recognized universities. If your university or college is outside the USA, it is required to submit a foreign credit evaluation along with the official college transcript.
- Proficiency in English: All transfer applicants must have proficiency in English. Students are asked to meet the requirement by providing a certificate of completion of English composition courses from a recognized institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA): The GPA requirement varies as per the stream you are planning to apply for. If you are willing to join the college of computing and college of engineering, you must acquire a GPA of 3.3 out of the 4.0-grade scale. The minimum GPA requirement to get admission to the college of Design, College of Liberal Arts, College of Sciences and business is 3.0 on a 4.0-grade scale.
Georgia Tech Transfer Acceptance Rate
As per research, the acceptance rate for transfer applicants to get admission to Georgia Tech is 42 percent. In the year 2020, the university revealed that they received almost 3,436 transfer applications, and accepted over 1400 students.
The previous year, the rate was up by almost 10 percent. This year the university received 3308 transfer applications. The transfer acceptance rate for the academic year 2019 was 32 percent.
From the academic year 2017 to 2020, Georgia Tech has seen a steady increase in the total number of transfer applications they receive. This is one of the major reasons why transfer admission to the school is so much competitive.
But the available statistics does not support this fact.
If facts are to be believed, the acceptance rate for Georgia tech transfer students has deteriorated over the years. The rate jumped from 35% to 39 %, and then fell down to 36%, and finally jumped high to 41% from 2017 to 2020.
Georgia Tech University transfer application deadline
As per university rules, the deadline for applying to Georgia Tech is March 1. This rule is the same every year. Therefore, if you are willing to enroll during the fall semester, make sure that you have applied on or before March 1. Late applications are not accepted by the university. For spring semester transfer applicants, the deadline is September 15 of every year.
Georgia Tech allows transfer students to begin their school during the summer session. This is why the applicants must submit their applications to their respective colleges before January 15 of every year.
No matter in which semester the student wants to apply, George Tech allows you to submit supporting documents even two weeks after the deadline. This facility is applicable only to transfer students.
For the fall semester applicants, the deadline for document submission is April 15. Those who are willing to have a spring semester transfer can submit their documents before October 1 and for the summer term, the deadline is February 1.
Georgia Tech University takes some time to declare its results. Therefore, you will have to wait till the middle of May for the final decision to be announced by the University. Spring semester students can expect the announcement by November. On the other hand, summer term applicants will get to know about the decision at the start of March. The university will inform every student about the decision, without any delay.
Transfer Application Fee
The transfer application fee for Georgia Tech University is $75 and for international applicants, the fee is $85.
Admission to Georgia Tech University is not that easy. You need to follow all the required criteria and protocols to get admission. No matter whether you are an international student studying in the U.S or abroad, make sure that you have checked all the transfer application requirements before applying.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Am I eligible for Georgia Tech as a transfer applicant?
If you are willing to change your college and shift to Georgia Tech, you need to know about their acceptance rate. As per recent reports, Georgia Tech has an acceptance rate of 42 % for transfer applicants.
Does the Georgia Tech transfer applicant need any recommendation letter?
It is not mandatory. If possible, you can submit a recommendation letter from your school or college along with the other necessary documents. If you don’t have it, nothing to worry about!
Is it easier to get into Georgia Tech as a transfer applicant?
No, it’s not. The acceptance rate of this university is 42 percent, for transfer applicants. The admission procedure is competitive.