Ireland has gained recognition from international students all over the world especially from Africa, Asia and other parts of Europe for study in recent years. You might also be interested in gaining admission into a college in Ireland, thinking of ways to apply for a student visa, and how to finally secure the student visa. In this article we shall see How Long Is An Irish Student Visa?
For Ireland, Irish student visa can take up to 2-3 months for processing before finally securing the visa. Your student visa is valid for the number of years your degree program will last, which is usually for years but you can be allowed to stay in the country for up to 3 months after graduation before returning to your home country. All you need to know about the Irish student visa is right here in this article.
Irish is also used to refer to Ireland. Northern Ireland is located in the Atlantic Ocean and is distinguished from Great Britain by the Irish Sea. Ireland is half the scope of Arkansas, it colonizes the whole island asides from the six counties that comprise Northern Ireland. Ireland matches a basin? a prominent grassland bordered with mountains, except in the region of Dublin.
The mountains are deep, with the highest maximum, Carrantuohill in County Kerry, surging to 3,415 ft (1,041 m). The main river is the Shannon, which starts in the north-central area, flows throughout the south and southwest for approximately 240m(386 km), and opens into the Atlantic with nearly seven million residents/
Study Visa Application Process For Ireland
If your country is not a member of the European Union, you will most likely apply for a study visa to pursue your education in Ireland. The process takes about eight weeks and the study visa will be valid for up to four years depending on your course and program of study. The process of applying for the study visa are as follows:
- Finish the online application procedure. The online operation will then make a summary application form
- Follow the guidelines on the summary application form. The summary form will contain data on how to submit your supporting documents
- You must print, sign and date the summary form and submit it with your other supporting documents.
- Pay for the visa fee: $80
- Book an appointment and go for your biometrics at an Ireland immigration office nearest to you.
Documents Required To Apply For Ireland Student Visa
There are documents expected of you to submit as a student if you are applying for an Irish study visa and the authenticity of these documents is what helps you to secure the visa. The basic documents required for your study visa application are:
- Application documents
- Signed Application letter on why you need the visa
- 2 colored recent passport photographs
- Valid international passport
- Educational gap history
- Proof that you have been admitted to study at a college in Ireland (letter of acceptance)
- Evidence of payment receipt to the college
- Proof of funds
- Proof of English proficiency
- Medical reports
Also, Kindly note that you will be required to do biometrics and can be asked for additional documents by the Irish immigration office available in your country.
How Long is Ireland Student Visa?
The student visa is usually valid for the number of years you need to complete your education at the Ireland college or university but the visa expires after ninety days of your program completion.
If you want to prolong your stay due to finding a career opportunity in Ireland, that will be another process entirely which requires the two-year permission scheme. This allows non EU/EEA students in Ireland who have finished from Irish higher education programs to stay in Ireland for up to 24 months to pursue employment opportunities.
Why Study in Ireland?
There are many reasons and benefits to studying at universities in Ireland. They are among the best educational institutions in an increasing quantity of academic programs.
Some of the benefits that make Ireland so captivating to international students for study purposes are:
- The universities in Ireland obey the bologna system
- The universities are less expensive and still give one of the best education
- Ireland is part of the European Union
- The official language of the country is English so you do not need to wonder if you need to learn another language before schooling in Ireland
- Ireland is popular for its friendly people and safe community
- Low student visa rejection rate unlike many western countries
- Students at Ireland colleges or universities profit from lesser tuition fees and living expenses compared to other countries
- Ireland was ranked as one of the top countries where students are very pleased with their study overseas experiences.
Finally, this article has been able to address all your questions about the Irish student visa, how long it takes to get it after biometrics, the documents needed to apply, how long the student visa is valid, and why Ireland is a great country for you as an international student to boost your career in competing among the best around the world.
- Can I stay in Ireland even after 90 days of graduation from college? Yes, though there are mandatory processes to go through especially if it is for employment purposes as an international student whose country is not under the European Union, you definitely can extend your stay.
- Is Financial Aid available for International students in Ireland? Definitely. It depends on the college you are admitted to because some do need-based scholarships, some merit-based scholarships, and others do both so you can apply if you are eligible.
- Can someone in the US pursue an education or master’s program at an Irish learning institution? Sure, you can. Students from every part of the world are welcome to school in Ireland. It is even easier to get your study visa from Ireland as a citizen of the US.