Radford University is located in Radford, Virginia, it is a public university and one of the state’s eighth doctorate-granting colleges. Founded in 1919, the college provides undergraduate degrees in more than 100 fields. Radford University’s campus located near the river is a total of 204 acres with a total enrolment of 7,307 as of fall of 2021 and was ranked #29 in the 2022 edition of Best College in Regional Universities in South. Let us know What Are Radford University Transfer Requirements?
What are Radford University transfer requirements?
- GPA: A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required by the transfer student.
- Official Transcript: the transcripts from all the previous institutions attended by the student are required and if the student had not taken paths in college then their high school transcript would be required.
- SAT: For transfer students, standardized test scores are also needed for the student to be considered for admission.
- Letter of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation from the high school are required however no letter of standing is required from the previous university.
- Essay: An essay or personal statement is required from all students to be considered for admission.
- Application fee: The application fee is $50.
- Interview: An interview is not required for transfer students.
- Minimum Grade: the lowest grade earned in any subject which will be transferred for credit is a C or higher.
- Credits: The minimum credits which are required for a transfer and must be finished by the student in their previous institute for a bachelor’s degree is 45.
Does Radford University provide financial aid to its students?
Radford University’s tuition is $11,542 for local students and $23,117 for domestic students which makes the tuition of the college more expensive than the national average cost of in-state college, this does not include the cost of books, living, books and supplies, transportation and personal expenses. Radford University makes it clear to students in the beginning that they will only give financial aid to students who are unable to pay for college because of low income.
There are 3 types of aid
- Need-based grant
- Merit-based scholarships
- Student loan
The financial aid can either come from the federal government which is subsidized by the government or institutional aid which comes from the school itself.
- In terms of overall aid, only 75% of students at Radford University get aid, which is 11% lower than the national level of public schools.
- In terms of grants and scholarships, 43% of the Radford University students get any type of grant money or scholarship which is 30% lower than other public schools.
- When it comes to the aid provided by the college itself, Radford University only gives scholarships to 19% of its students which is 25% lower than any other public school.
Is Radford University a good college?
Radford University is ranked #29 in Regional Universities South and is considered to be an academic college where the majority focus is on academics giving sports a little less importance. The university’s acceptance rate is 79% and 85% on early acceptance which means that they accept students which average or above-average grades, the school is said to have a good faculty with a beautiful campus and a small class size which makes interaction with the faculty much easier but Radford University is considered to be party college because of it being located in a small town which means that isn’t much to do around except party and according to some students the only majors which are worth the money in the college is nursing, education, and counseling for which Radford University is known for.
Does Radford University have resident halls for its students?
Yes, Radford does have resident halls for its students which are divided into four quads.
Muse quad contains 5 residential halls in total and is the largest hall of all, it can house approximately 950 students with floors 1 and 2 being co-ed and 3-13 being co-ed by alternating suites. The hall has dining facilities, a kitchen throughout the hall, vending and drinking machine, a student lounge, a laundry facility, and a common area, this hall is majorly famous among first-year students.
This primarily housed upper-class students and is co-ed in alternative rooms, the amenities include one dining hall, student lounge, laundry facility, common area, and vending machines.
This primarily housed upper-class students and is co-ed in alternative rooms with approximately 185 student capacity, the amenities include one dining hall, student lounge, laundry facility, common area, and vending machines.
This primarily housed upper-class students and is co-ed in alternative rooms with approximately 200 student capacity, the amenities include one dining hall, student lounge, laundry facility, common area, and vending machines.
This is for all students and has two rooms sharing one bathroom, the amenities include one dining hall, student lounge, laundry facility, common area, and vending machines.
This is for all students and has the capacity for 120 students with 60 double rooms and is co-ed with an alternative room, amenities include one dining hall, student lounge, laundry facility, and common area and vending machines.
Primarily for upper-class students and is co-ed in alternative rooms, it can house 125 students with one deluxe super suite and one super suite. The amenities include one dining hall, student lounge, laundry facility, common area, and vending machines.
This hall can fit 150 students and is considered to be an Honor residence hall available to the classification of students but the hall is especially for students of Honor college.
Radford university is flexible in terms of requirements for transfer, if the student has filled out an application before they don’t need to pay the application fee again they can just submit the older application given the application is not older than one year, the school doesn’t ask them for a letter of standing from the previous college and if the student has not taken math in the previous college they can submit their high school transcript.
Frequently asked questions
Is Radford University known as a party school?
Yes, Radford University is known as the biggest party school in the state of Virginia and is very famous for its on-campus parties.
Which is the most famous major at Radford University?
Nursing is the most popular major in the university and has the most number of student enrollments.