Brescia University is a private Catholic liberal arts university located in Owensboro, Kentucky, USA. It was founded in 1950 by the Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph, and it offers undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields such as business, education, social work, psychology, and nursing. Brescia University has a vibrant campus life, and its dormitories play a significant role in providing a comfortable and safe environment for students to live and learn. In this article, we will provide detailed information on the dorms at Brescia University, including their locations, amenities, and policies.
Location of Dorms
Brescia University has three dormitories on its campus: Newman Hall, Sullivan Hall, and Clay Hall. Newman Hall and Sullivan Hall are traditional-style dorms, while Clay Hall is a suite-style dorm.
Newman Hall is located on the east side of the campus, and it is the oldest dorm on the campus. It has four floors and can accommodate up to 127 female students. Newman Hall is conveniently located near the dining hall, the campus bookstore, and the library.
Sullivan Hall is located on the west side of the campus and can accommodate up to 123 female students. It has four floors and is situated near the gym, the soccer field, and the baseball field.
Clay Hall is located on the north side of the campus and can accommodate up to 90 students, both male and female. It has four floors, and each floor has four suites with a shared living room and bathroom. Clay Hall is situated near the campus chapel, the campus ministry office, and the academic buildings.
Amenities in Dorms
All dorms at Brescia University have various amenities that cater to the needs of students. The dorms are fully furnished, and each student is provided with a bed, a mattress, a desk, a chair, and a closet. The dorms also have common areas where students can socialize and study.
Newman Hall and Sullivan Hall have lounges on each floor, equipped with a microwave, a refrigerator, and a television. They also have laundry facilities on the first floor, equipped with washers and dryers that are free to use.
Clay Hall has a lounge on each floor, equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator. It also has a laundry facility on the first floor, equipped with washers and dryers that are free to use. Each suite in Clay Hall has a small kitchenette with a sink, a microwave, and a refrigerator.
All dorms at Brescia University have Wi-Fi access, and each student is provided with a network username and password upon arrival. The dorms also have a 24-hour security system in place to ensure the safety of the students.
Policies in Dorms
Brescia University has several policies in place to ensure that the dorms provide a safe and comfortable living environment for students. Some of these policies include:
- Quiet hours: Quiet hours are in effect from 10 pm to 7 am Sunday through Thursday and from 12 am to 7 am on Friday and Saturday. During quiet hours, students are expected to keep noise levels to a minimum to allow other students to sleep and study.
- Alcohol and drug use: Brescia University is a dry campus, and the use of alcohol and drugs is strictly prohibited in the dorms. Any student found in possession of or using alcohol or drugs in the dorms may face disciplinary action.
- Guest policy: Each dorm has a guest policy that outlines the rules and regulations for having guests in the dorms. Students are required to register their guests at the front desk and are responsible for their guests’ behavior.
- Cleaning policy: Students are expected to keep their rooms and common areas clean and tidy. The dorms provide
- cleaning supplies, and students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms and common areas. Failure to keep the rooms and common areas clean may result in disciplinary action.
- Roommate policy: Brescia University has a roommate policy that requires students to respect their roommates’ privacy and personal space. Students are expected to communicate openly and respectfully with their roommates and address any issues that may arise.
- Fire safety policy: Brescia University has a fire safety policy that requires students to take precautions to prevent fires, such as not using candles, incense, or other open flames in the dorms. Students are also required to participate in fire drills and follow the evacuation procedures in case of a fire.
In conclusion, the dorms at Brescia University provide a safe and comfortable living environment for students. They are fully furnished, have various amenities such as Wi-Fi, laundry facilities, and lounges, and have policies in place to ensure the safety and well-being of the students. Whether students prefer a traditional-style dorm like Newman Hall or Sullivan Hall or a suite-style dorm like Clay Hall, they will find a suitable and comfortable living space at Brescia University.