To know Xavier University of Louisiana acceptance rate….Read on this article…!
The Xavier University of Louisiana is a private, non-profit institution that was founded in 1925. The University is located in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S. It is a historically, black University and it is the first university which was founded by Saint, St. Katharine Drexel. The University is a Coeducational University in an Urban setting with the Motto of ‘With God’s help there is nothing to fear’. In July 2020, The University received a huge gift from the philanthropist MacKenzie Scott, who gave a gift of $20 Million to the University, 50% of the students who graduate from Xavier get starting package of $29,990.
The gradual development of the University’s Campus:
- Building of Administration- 1933
- Music Department Building which was previously known as Library- 1937
- The Barn (Gymnasium)- 1937
- St. Michael’s Hall Men’s Dormitory- 1955
- Old Centre of Student- 1967
- House of Studies- 1967
- St. Katharine Drexel Hall Women’s Dormitory- 1969
- College of Pharmacy- 1970
- Xavier South Office Building- 1990
- University Student Centre- 2003
- Fitness Center- 2015
Xavier University is known as the ‘Emerald City’, mentioned above are a few proofs which completely define the tag of the University.
Xavier University of Louisiana acceptance rate
According to the data for 2020, Xavier University of Louisiana acceptance rate is 80.6% which means that the college is quite selective. The University considers the GPA score of students as an essential element for students’ admission
Rankings of Xavier University:
- Ranked 1st in Top 20 Happiest/ Least Happy College Students by secrant.com.
- Ranked 3rd in Best Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the United States 2022 by timeshighereducation.com.
- Ranked 10th by ripplematch.com for being among the Top 10 HBCUs with strong Business Programs.
- Ranked 20th in the Top 50 HBCU Medical School by hbcu-colleges.com.
- Ranked 26th in HBCU Rankings 2022: The Top 25 Historically Black Colleges and Universities by hbculifestyle.com.
- Ranked 6th by onlinechristiancolleges.com for being among the Top 20 Best Historically Black Christian Colleges 2021.
- Ranked 4th in the Top 20 Historically Black Colleges and Universities by wsj.com.
- Ranked 1st in the Top 30 Master’s Degrees in Counseling in the South by bestcounselingdegrees.net.
- Ranked 10th in the Top 10 HBCUs with the Best Computer Science Programs by ripplematch.com.
- Ranked 21st by essence.com for being among the 50 Best Colleges for African-Americans.
Common Programs offered at Xavier University:
Xavier University offers a variety of programs in more than 22 fields and 54 specialties with several certificate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Mentioned below is the list of degrees offered by the University:
- Biology/biological science
- Business administration and management
- Public health
- Mass communication/media studies
- Political science/government
- Computer science
- Spanish language and literature
- Molecular Biology
- Spanish language and literature
Admission Requirements to get into Xavier University:
- Students are needed to have SAT scores of 1000-1150. With the following division:
- SAT Reading: 510-570
- SAT Math: 490-580
- In the case of ACT scores, the minimum score required for ACT is 20-25. With the following sub-division:
- ACT English: 20-27
- ACT Math: 18-25
- ACT Writing: —
- The following documents are required by the students:
|High School Diploma or||✓|
|High School GPA||✓|
|High School Rank||✓|
|High School Transcript||✓|
|Standardized Test Scores||✓|
Fee Structure at Xavier University:
|Tuition (per semester)|
|College of Arts and Science||$11,998.00|
|College of Pharmacy||$18,469.00|
|Graduate Public Health||$8,607.00|
|Physician Assistant Program||$12,608.00|
|Graduate Heath Informatics||$8,460.00|
|Health Insurance (per year)||$1,575|
Rooms & Board (persemester)
|Freshman & Continuing||$6,529.00|
- Students receiving financial aid: 72%
- Freshmen with need and received financial aid: 98%
- Percentage of needs met: 36%
Details of office for further fee information:
- Location: 909 Norman C Francis Pkwy, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Phone Number: 70125
- Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Body of Xavier University:
- Total Undergraduate- 2,726
- Total Graduate Students- 849
- Full-time students- 2,637
- Part-time students- 113
Activities Offered by the University:
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Campus Ministries
- Choral Groups
- Concert Bands
- International Student Organization
- Jazz Band
- Literary Magazine
- Music Ensembles
- Naval ROTC
- Pep Band
- Radio Station
- Student Government
- Student Newspaper
- Symphony Orchestra
Top Employers of Xavier University:
- Xavier University of Louisiana
- Ochsner Medical Center
- CVS Health
Notable Alumni of Xavier University:
Xavier University has given us so many alumni in various fields be it science, commerce, or humanities. Following is the list of a few Notable Alumni associated with the University:
- Ernest Nathan Morial
- Regina Benjamin
- Alexis M. Herman
- Stephen W. Rochon
- Ivan L. R. Lemelle
- Nathaniel Clifton
- Todd Stroger
- Marino Casem
- Bernard P. Randolph
- John Stroger
- Norman Francis
- John T. Scott
- Candice Stewart
- Slick Watts
- Bruce Seals
- LaToya Cantrell
- Debria Brown
- Annie Easley
- Bryant Terry
- Harry E. Johnson
- Brian Anthony Jackson
- Aaron Henry
- Gilbert L. Rochon
- Jared Brossett
- Gary Carter Jr.
- Mary Munson Runge
- Earl Bostic
- Karim Camara
- Percy Bland
- Lee Allen
- Tasha Inniss
- Katrina Robinson
Xavier University provides such an environment to its students, whether the students are pursuing their interests or trying out something new students make friends, which become another family, and establish their on-campus community by getting involved. The aim and the main motive of the university are to provide its students the knowledge which is extraordinary in every way to prepare its students to lead the future and serve society. Learning is done in a healthy and positive teaching environment that makes the student of Xavier different from others.
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQs)
1. What is the thing about which Xavier University is best known?
Xavier University is recognized as National Leader in the Sciences and The Liberal Arts, also the University is ranked number 1 for giving the highest number of American African graduates in medical school.
2. How to get a scholarship at Xavier University?
If the students get a GPA of 3.00 or more with great academic performance throughout a semester, they will have a high chance of getting a scholarship from the college.
- Address: 1 Drexel Dr, New Orleans, LA 70125, United States.
- Phone Number: 504-520-7388
- Official Website: https://www.xula.edu/