Franklin, Massachusetts is home to Dean College, a private institution with a mixed student body. Dean Academy was established in 1865, and in 2013 it changed its name to a college. The college gives a selection of undergraduate programs, including bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, and certificate programs in subjects like business, the arts, the sciences, and the social sciences. With a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1, Dean College’s student body of about 1,300 allows for a specialized educational experience. Students at the college come from over 30 states and 20 different countries, making for a varied student body.
Where Is Dean College?
Franklin, Massachusetts, in the United States, is home to Dean College. Located in Norfolk County, Franklin is a suburban community roughly 35 miles south of Boston and 20 miles north of Providence, Rhode Island. The campus of the college is located on 100 acres of property in Franklin, close to Highway 140 and the town center, and it is accessible by foot. The campus’s academic buildings, housing halls, dining halls, and recreational areas comprise a combination of new and old construction. The Massachusetts Turnpike, I-495, and other major highways are close to Dean College, making it simple to reach by automobile (I-90). Boston Logan International Airport, which is the closest large airport, is around 45 minutes away by vehicle.
Locations Of Dean Colleges
Dean College has a single main campus in Franklin, Massachusetts, but it also has several satellite locations for specific missions and programs. Here are a few of Dean College’s many locations:
- Main Campus: Franklin, Massachusetts 02038 is the address of the college’s main campus. These are the majority of the academic programs and student services.
- Campus in Boston: Dean College maintains a location at One Federal Street in the heart of Boston. The school’s School of the Arts is located here, and it offers to perfperformings programs.
- Dean College and the Massachusetts Correctional Institution (MCI) Norfolk have partnered to provide inmates with higher education programs at the MCI Norfolk Campus. The Second Chance is the name of this initiative.
- Online Courses and Programs: Dean College extra gives a variety of online courses and programs that may be accessed from any location with an internet connection.
- Study Abroad Programs: Dean College gives a variety of study abroad opportunities in countries like Italy, Spain, England, and Australia.
Overall, Dean College gives students the chance to learn and study in a variety of locations and formats, including online, on-campus, and abroad, even though the main campus in Franklin, Massachusetts, serves as the center of the institution.
Specialities Of Dean Colleges
Too differentiates itself from other schools and universities, Dean College gives several specialties. Following are a few of Dean College’s areas of expertise:
- Theatre, dance, and music are just a few of the performing arts disciplines that Dean College offers. Students in the college’s School of the Arts have access to cutting-edge facilities and a variety of performance opportunities both on campus and in the local community.
- Internships: Experiential learning and internships are highly valued at Dean College. Due to the college’s affiliations with more than 200 businesses and companies, students have access to a variety of internship opportunities in industries like business, medicine, education, and the arts.
- Dean College has a dedicated Student Success Center that offers academic support, career counseling, and other services.
- Student counseling and individual guidance. Moreover, the college gives a First-Year Experience program that aids freshmen in adjusting to college life and excelling academically.
- Athletics: Dean College fields more than 15 NCAA Division III sports teams, which makes for a robust athletics program. The college has many outdoor athletic fields, a field house, a fit fitness center, and an athletic complex that has just undergone renovation.
- Accessibility: Dean College is dedicated to ensuring that all students may attend higher education. In addition to a Disability Services Center and an Accessible Education Center, the college gives a wide range of services and programs to assist students with disabilities.
Is It A Good Place To Study?
A diverse student body from more than 30 states and 20 other countries attends Dean Colleges, which offers a thriving campus life. With a large number of student clubs and companies, athletic teams, and volunteer opportunities, the college boasts a thriving campus life.
Accessible Education: Dean Colleges is dedicated to providing all students with access to higher education. In addition to a Disability Services Center and an Accessible Education Center, the college gives a wide range of services and programs to assist students with disabilities.
Location: Franklin, Massachusetts, a suburban community that gives students a safe and inviting atmosphere, is where Dean Colleges is placed. Due to its proximity to many major roads and a commuter train station, the college is conveniently accessible by automobile and offers quick access to adjacent locations.
Being a private institution with a campus in Franklin, Massachusetts, Dean Colleges gives a variety of undergraduate courses in subjects like business, the arts, sciences, and social sciences. The college is renowned for its robust performing arts offerings, individualized instruction, and dedication to the success of its students. Dean Colleges is a fantastic choice for students looking for a friendly and stimulating learning environment that will prepare them for successful employment and further education. The campus is vibrant and there are many chances for internships, experiential learning, and community service.
- Does Dean College have a strong athletics program?
Yes, Dean Colleges has a strong athletics program, with over 15 NCAA Division III sports teams. The college’s athletic facilities include a newly renovated athletic center, a fieldhouse fitness center, and several outdoor athletic fields.
- Is financial aid available for students at Dean College?
Yes, Dean College offers financial aid to eligible students in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study programs. Students can apply for financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).