About Connecticut College
Connecticut College is a private college, located in New London, United States. Connecticut College started in April 1911. Connecticut College is known for its discipline behavior, it rank is 102 all over the United States. Connecticut College’s acceptance rate is 37.8% with graduation rate 84.7%. It has 31 different academy departments and 44 different majors. And Connecticut College is cheaper than Penn State University.
Here is the list of departments-
- Film studies
- German department
- Art department
- Art History department
- Chemistry department
- Biology department
- Botany department
- Computer science department
- Anthropology department
- Dance department
- Economics department
- French and francophone department
- Arabic and Jewish studies department
- English department
- Education department
These are some of those departments and Connecticut College offers you 44 different majors, you can try. The list given below-
- English Language and Literature
- Computer science
- Information science
- Biology Science
- Political Science
- Connecticut College wants to select the best students who can devote their 100% and if you desire to get into Connecticut College so, you must have to gain a high GPA, if you are a straight-A student, maybe, it will be helpful for you.
Requirements to get into Connecticut College
- First is your GPA should be 3.84 and more than it
- Your SAT score should be 1320 and more than
- Your ACT score should be 30 and above
- Application fee $80
- Common application
- You need two and more than two recommendation letters from your academic teachers
- Personal statement
- School reports
Requirements for international students to get into Connecticut College
- English Language is compulsory for all students so you must have to submit your these scores-
- Your TOEFL minimum score should be 100 and more than
- IELTS minimum score should be 6.5-7 and more than
- The Duolingo English Test score should be 120 and above
- Your PTE score should be 68 and more than
- Application fee $80 and it’s non-refundable
- You need two and more than two recommendation letters
- You must have a valid passport
- Financial statement
- You have to submit your recent passport size photograph
- Common application
- Your transcripts
- You have to submit your ACT and SAT scores and also gain a high GPAs
- If you desire to get into Connecticut College so, you have to do hard work and try to fluent in the English language and gain high scores because for international students Connecticut College’s acceptance rate is only 6%.
Scholarships available at Connecticut College
Connecticut College provides merits scholarships and it depends on Student’s past performance or achievements and also that students will perform their best the future. Merits scholarships are available for both ( residents and international students). Scholarships cover $15000 to $34000, the list of scholarships-
- Founder scholarship
- Deans scholarship
- 1911 scholarship
- Trustee scholarship
- Shain scholarship
- Horizon scholarship
- Thames scholarship
- These all are included in merits scholarships.
What is the tuition fee at Connecticut College?
In-state tuition fee is $6,625 and out-States tuition fee is $18,038.
About Penn State University
Penn State University is a public university and it is a well-known research university in the United States. Penn State University located in central Pennsylvania. Penn State University’s acceptance rate is 54% with a graduation rate is 68.2%. Penn State University’s rank is 63 all over the United States. It is hard to get into Penn State University.
Requirements to get into Penn State University
- First, you need a high GPA 3.58 and above
- Your ACT score should be between 25-30 and more than
- Your SAT score should be around 1150-1340 and above
- Application fee $65
- Common application
- Recommendation letters from teachers
- School reports
Requirements for international students to get into Penn State University
- Application fee$75
- You have to submit your English test scores
- TOEFL minimum score of 104 and try to get more than
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 and above
- The Duolingo English Test score of 120 and above
- You also have to submit your ACT and SAT score
- ACT score should be 27-33
- SAT score should be 1240-1410
- Financial statement which can prove cost of your living, study, and medical expenses
- A valid passport
- Passport size photograph
- Two and more than two recommendation letters from teachers
- Academic records
Courses offered by Penn State University
Penn State University offers more than 160 majors which you can try. The list given below-
- Aerospace engineering
- African studies
- Agribusiness management
- Agricultural and extension education
- Agricultural science
- Air force
- Agricultural communication
- African American studies
- Animal science
- Art history
- Asian studies
- Athletics training
- Business law
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- These are some of those courses which Offered by Penn State University.
Scholarships available at Penn State University
Penn State University provides merits scholarships to Pennsylvania residents and international students who have done excellent performance in their school and financially needy students. Scholarship amount $12000 per year. Scholarships limited for international students at Penn State University.
It is hard to get into both universities. You decide that which college you want to go to. Both are the best and provide a massive platform for you. You can make your future and enhance your skills but you have to do hard work and improve yourself. Prepare yourself for the competition and be honest with yourself and your dream.
Frequently asked questions
- How much tuition fees at Penn State University?
Tuition fee for Pennsylvania residents is $18,450 and out-States students have to pay $35,514 per year.
- The time duration of courses at Penn State University?
2-3 years and time duration depends on the course.
- The time duration of courses at Connecticut College?
3-4 years and also depends on the course.
- Which university is the best?
According to the rank Penn State University(63) is better than Connecticut College(102), also Penn State University is tied with George Washington, Rutgers and other polytechnic institutions and Penn State University provides you a massive platform to enhance your skills and make your future.