Douglas College’s acceptance rate is around 25.0% i.e. only one-fourth of the total applicants get selected meaning the student has to be exceptionally outstanding in the discipline they want to get in and has overall excellence. Let us know ‘Douglas College Acceptance Rate’.
Douglas College Acceptance Rate
Douglas takes in around 25000 students through their summer, fall, and winter admissions. They have about 17000 credit students. Amongst are 4,200 international students from around 92 countries. Douglas is very particular about its class strength, they allow only 30 – 35 students per class.
Douglas enrols 4,200 international students giving 18% fortuity to international students to pursue their dreams at Douglas. The remaining 82% of seats were allotted to students from their nationality.
Continuing education and training community of Douglas provides education to 8500 students annually through several programs including applied community studies, community music school programs, health professional development programs, perinatal career programs, youth programs, and sports institute career programs.
Over 960 teachers school at Douglas across 2 major campuses one in Coquitlam and the other one in New Westminster. The student-to-faculty ratio at Douglas is 23:1 which makes interactive learning easy.
1. for undergraduate programs (bachelor and diploma)
- The age of the candidate should be minimum of 19 years by the end of the first Month Of admission into the semester
- Candidate should possess a min score of 60% (or corresponding) in high school or Other parallel systems
- Candidate should possess a min grade of ‘‘C’’ or 60 %( or corresponding) in grade 11th In math or similar for most of the courses
2. To enrol in Postgraduate courses
- Completion of graduation from a university a minimum of 3 years’ time duration
- Should possess a minimum CGPA of 60 %( or corresponding) in the undergraduate Program
English language –Tests and scores
Douglas expects its students to exhibit good English language skill and requires the students to prove their skills which can be done by completing the following courses and procuring the certificate.
• California language schools TOEFL and ESL
• IELTS (international English language testing system)
• EC Bristol English Language School, England
• LA Language School
• ILAC (international language academy of Canada) Language School
• ILSC Language School
• VGC International Language School
• Global Village language centre Language School
• Tam wood Language school
• PTE (Pearson test of English)
• English language in class 12 (or corresponding)
• BC Secondary school communication
• Advanced Placement (AP) English Language
• Completion of college or University level English language course or communication Course
• Completion of Graduation certificate in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program.
If the students don’t have the above-mentioned. Aspirants can always apply to the English language learning and acquisition program at Douglas College
Minimum scores asked to prove English fluency
• In TOEFL (Internet Based Test – IBT) for postgraduate programs, students should have A Minimum overall score of 83 with at least 21 in Writing.
• TOEFL for other programs requires a minimum overall score of 45
• IELTS Academic for postgraduate programs requires a minimum of 6.5 bands with no Band less than 6.0
• IELTS Academic for other programs requires a minimum of 4.5 bands with no band Less than 4.5
• PTE Academic expects a minimum overall score of 56
• The duo lingo English Test (DET) requires a minimum overall score of 110
• Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Test (either computer-based or paper-Based) – minimum overall score of 60 in the Essay section
• EIKEN Practical English -Minimum placement of Grade 1
• Language Proficiency Index (LPI)- minimum score of 4 in the Essay section
• Advanced Placement (AP) English Language or Literature – A minimum score of 3 or Grade ‘C’
All the test scores are valid only for 2 years from the date when the test was taken.
Other requirements for acceptance
• An applicant must be of 17 years of age at the time he/ she is entering the course
• An applicant who is interested to join for English language learning and Acquisition Program must be of 19 years of age by the time he/she is entering the course
• A minimum GPA of 2.0 is expected for an international candidate who want to transfer Within the country to enter a full-time credit program
Steps for the application process
Step 1 _ select a program of your choice
Step 2 – check if you meet the requirements of the course.
Step 3 – Check program availability
Step 4 _Apply Online through the online application portal of Douglas
Step 5 – pay a non-refundable amount of $100 CAD for the application
Step 6 – scan and upload all the necessary document
Campuses and courses
Douglas has two major campuses in Canada. Besides the major campuses one in Coquitlam and the other one in New Westminster. Douglas has smaller training centers in Surrey, Burnaby, and Maple Ridge.
The courses at Douglas-following
Commerce & Business Administration
Commerce & Business Administration
Computing Studies & Information Systems
Science & Technology
Earth & Environmental Sciences
Hearing Instrument Practitioner
Mathematics & Science Teaching
Science & Technology
Health Care Support Work
Health Information Management
Nursing – Psychiatric veterinary Technology
Humanities & Social Services
Geography and the Environment
Humanities & Social Sciences
Language, Literature & Performing Arts
Bachelor of Performing Arts
English Language Learning and Acquisition
Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies
Global Learning Global Citizenship
Intercultural and International Studies
Performing & Fine Arts
Stagecraft & Event Technology
Frequently asked questions
1. Is Douglas Competitive?
With less than a 30% acceptance rate. Douglas is one of the most competitive colleges in Canada
2. What GPA gets me in to get into Douglas?
A GPA of 2.80 to 3.30 or higher is expected to get into Douglas
Douglas is very particular about its selection with an acceptance rate of 25.0% making it one of the most highly competitive college. One has to obtain & exhibit excellence to get a seat at Douglas.