To know Uva acceptance rate….Read on this article….!
College applications can be hectic. When selecting your college of choice, you must be thorough and cautious. You have to consider your academic strength and the features of your proposed college like the college location, acceptance rate, academic majors offered, and educational requirements. The University of Virginia, also known as UVA, is one of the most sought-after schools in the US. However, before you apply for admission to UVA, there are things you should know.
The University of Virginia gets lots of applications every year. Out of these applications, about 30% of applicants are offered admissions. During the 2020/2021 admission process, about 48,000 students applied for admission. Only 9,900 students were offered admission. This makes the acceptance rate as of 2021 about 21%. This shows that UVA acceptance is highly selective.
UVA acceptance rate
UVA has three cycles or methods of admission.
- The first is the early decision which is for students with very strong academic credentials and is binding. Students that apply through early decision must-see UVA as their top choice and must accept the admission offer and quickly pay their enrollment fee.
- The other two admission cycles are the early action and regular decision cycle. Students offered early action and regular decision admission have the opportunity to consider other college applications they have and may decide not to accept the UVA admission offer. They also have a longer time duration to pay their enrollment fee.
UVA Medical School Acceptance Rate
The medical school of UVA is one of the best in the world. Acceptance into UVA medical school is highly competitive. The acceptance rate is currently 29.9%. So you must be gifted and hard-working and have powerful academic credentials to get into UVA’s Medical School.
UVA Law School Acceptance Rate
UVA law school is very competitive. The Law School has an acceptance rate of 21.1%. When applying to the UVA law school, there are some exams you are required to pass. Some of these exams are the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or GRE General Test Score.
UVA Engineering School Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for UVA Engineering school is 27.4%. Applications to the Engineering School of UVA are to be done through the joint university’s undergrad program.
UVA Tech Acceptance Rate
The University of Virginia Tech school is moderately competitive. This school’s acceptance rate is about 64.8%. It is not as competitive as the UVA Law School, Medical School, or the Engineering School.
UVA Transfer Acceptance Rate
The UVA transfer acceptance rate is a competitive process. The acceptance rate ranges from 35 to 40%. Students that have credits for one year of university studies before requesting a transfer to UVA have a higher chance of getting admitted. Also, students that have completed three or more years of study at a four-year college other than UVA are not qualified for transfer admissions to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at UVA.
Why should you choose UVA?
UVA was founded on January 25, 1819, by Thomas Jefferson. UVA is ranked No. 25 on the list of National universities. The institution offers 121 majors and has eight undergraduate schools and three postgraduate schools. The QS World university ranking ranks UVA No. 226 worldwide. Studying at UVA exposes you to various opportunities and experiences. Charlottesville is a company startup hub. One of the most popular startups from Charlottesville is Reddit which was created by UVA students.
Getting admitted into UVA is very competitive, so you should have excellent academic credentials. Some of the educational requirements include
- GPA; your GPA should be at least 4.0. The average high school GPA of students that were offered admission for the class of 2025 was 4.31. So, you should try to get a GPA greater than 4.3 for a good chance of getting admitted.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation; Only your high school counselor is qualified to write a recommendation letter for you. The other letter can be written by a teacher who had taught a core subject during your Junior or Senior year. These recommendations should speak about your character and academic performance.
- SAT and ACT scores; you should aim for high test scores ranging between 1350 to 1490 on SAT and 30 to 34 on the ACT. Note that the higher your test scores, the higher your chances of obtaining admission into UVA. UVA recently waived the submission of test scores for undergrad admission for two years (2021 and 2022). UVA made it optional for students to send in their ACT and SAT scores for now due to the Covid 19 Pandemic.
- Extracurriculars; UVA gives importance to students having extracurricular activities and talents. Participating in activities that demonstrate incredible accomplishments or leadership is encouraged and would give you an edge over other applicants.
- Essays; all applicants of UVA are required to answer one general essay topic and an essay corresponding to the program you are applying for. Your essay should be written in a unique voice and display why you are a good fit for UVA.
UVA Cost of Study
The cost of study at UVA depends on whether you are applying from out-of-state or in-state. UVA application fee generally is $75. Tuition for in-state students is $18, 015 and for out-of-state students is $53,471. Room and board cost about $13,600, and other student fees cost $3,366. Financial aids are available for students who need them.
UVA places students’ academic credentials above their ability to pay their tuition. Therefore, they are willing to provide financial aid to people that need them. However, getting admitted into UVA is competitive and requires hard work and a masterful academic background.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I choose to be Test optional?
When you fill out your common application form, you can decide whether to report your test scores or not. You can still choose to send in your scores later on before the application closes.
How do I accept my offer of admission?
This is incredibly easy. You simply pay your non-refundable admission deposit through your application portal.